About the event
The Santa Claus Pub Crawl - Wollongong - is now in its 26th year!!
The event is undergoing a name change in 2019 to "SANTAFEST" - with a new website now in operation too www.santafest.com.au
It was originally started by a small group of friends as a means of raising some Christmas spirit – and having some fun at the same time. This event is recognised as the longest continually run Santa Pub Crawl in the world and over 11,000 people are expected to attend this year.
Over $153,000 was raised in 2018!
ALL tickets for wristbands will only be sold online via our website – thesantaclauspubcrawl.com (sales managed through Tickets.com link). There are NO REFUNDS for these tickets - this is a charity event and we operate regardless of weather.
*Green wristband – Valid ONLY until midnight for venue entry
Early Bird Price - $33 - Available 2 Oct-1 Nov
Standard Price - $38 - Available 2 Nov - 13 Dec
Gate Price - $45 - ONLY on day of event
Green wristband bonus deals include:
- entry into ALL venues participating in SCPC until midnight subject to line-up and RSA (no door charge to pay at any of them). After midnight the normal door charge will be required for entry
- continuous entry on and off our shuttle buses throughout the evening
- North Gong Hotel - 2 x Complimentary Drink Vouchers for are also included in the purchase price (valid before 3pm for beer, wine or soft drink)
- The Bavarian - $10 Cocktails – The Mrs Claus Martini & Naughty or Nice
& $10 Crispy Pork Roll (Add $5 Fries)
- Fever Nightclub - FREE entry until midnight (subject to line-up & RSA)
- Illawarra Brewery - $1 Sausage Sandwiches, $5 Canadian Club & Dry Schooners from 2pm-4pm
- HeyDay Nightclub - FREE entry until midnight (subject to line-up & RSA)
- Humber - Half-Price Cheesburgers & $10 Cocktails from 4pm-7pm
- Bullpen Sports Diner - $5.00 Bucket of Wings, $5.00 Schooners (Coors or Blue Moon), $5.00 House Wine,
$7.00 Cocktails (14 on the list), $5.00 House Spirits from 4pm-6pm
- Hotel Illawarra - FREE entry until midnight (subject to line-up & RSA)
- Pepe's on the Beach - $10 Candy Cane Cocktail & $10 North Pole Burger specials from 12pm-4pm
Numbers are limited so it is advised to purchase early to avoid disappointment.
Early Bird Price - $13 - Available 2 Oct-1 Nov
Standard Price - $18 - Available 2 Nov - 13 Dec
Gate Price - $20 - ONLY on day of event
Entry just to North Gong Hotel and use of shuttle bus – anyone wearing a red wristband would still need to pay any normal entry fee to nightclubs this wish to attend. Red wristbands will be sold at gates of NGH also.
Tickets can be scanned as as a printed Tickets@home®, Apple Wallet or as a Google Pay™ Pass. Tickets will be swapped for wristbands via the information outlined in your receipt email. We will NOT be mailing any out - it costs us time and money that could be better spent on our fundraising!!!!
The Tickets@Home ticket, Apple Wallet ticket or your Google Pay Pass can be exchanged for a wristband at the following locations:
- 2nd - 6th December & 9th - 13th December from 9am - 5pm from Tickets.com (located at the Innovation Campus)
- 9th - 13th December from the Tickets.com marquee at the North Wollongong Hotel from 11am - 6pm
- From the Tickets.com marquee at the North Wollongong Hotel on the day of the event Saturday, 14th December 2019 between 8am - 8pm.
Tickets@home allows you to print the tickets to your local printer or opens into a mobile ticket version on any compatible mobile device.
If the patrons phone is not compatible (all iOS and android devices are compatible) the Tickets@home will open as a desktop version on the patrons phone.
In general some issues with scanning may occur depending on screen glare, direct sunlight/fluorescent lighting, scratches or screen protectors which is out of the control of the scanner, however Tickets.com will be onsite at collection points to assist.
All money raised, along with all other donations, will go directly to provide assistance to disadvantaged children in the Illawarra via programs managed by the Salvation Army in Wollongong.
The Santa Claus Pub Crawl is held every year on the Second Saturday in December.
Green Wristbands are ONLY valid for free entry to participating venues until midnight on the event night
Neither of the wristbands guarantee entry to a venue - you will still need to line-up to show ID, if they are full or to meet RSA requirements.
The AfterDark Party Buses will provide a shuttle service around all the involved venues – circulating from 12pm-3am.
Entry wristbands are required to hop-on the buses throughout the night.
The Santa Claus Pub Crawl for Charity has a basic route and schedule for everyone to follow. This is not a strict guideline though, and we encourage participants to stay at a pub if they are enjoying themselves, or skip ahead to the next venue to beat the rush for the bar!!
Pub Crawl Itinerary - Sat 14th December 2019
Participants can choose their preferred venue's from the range below:
Early starters: 12pm onwards
- Balgownie Hotel
- Towradgi Beach Hotel – (recommended for families)
- Brewhouse @ Illawarra Brewing Co
- North Wollongong Hotel
- Figtree Hotel
- Charles Hotel
- Coniston Hotel
- Pepe's On The Beach
Afternoon Start: 2pm - onwards
Traditional Start: 4pm - onwards
- North Wollongong Hotel
- HeyDay - Free Entry with Green Wristband until Midnight
- His Boy Elroy
- The Bavarian
- Hotel Illawarra
- Dicey Riley’s
7.30pm - onwards
9pm - onwards
Funds will also be raised through accommodation venues donating a percentage of their room sales for the night. These venues include Mantra Wollongong, Novotel Wollongong, Adina Apartments, Dicey Rileys Hotel, Pioneer Sands Towradgi, MarketView Hotel and the Sage Hotel.
Use the Codeword “SantaFest2019” when making bookings for this donation to apply.